We have over 65 local branches, across the UK which help people with a disability live more independently. Our skilled volunteers respond to thousands of requests each year to design and make customised equipment free of charge.
Our Case Officers are a vital part of our local branch activities. They use their organisational skills, IT and sometimes knowledge of engineering to help people with disabilities live fuller lives.
what the role involves:
This role may vary depending on local needs but is likely to include:
• Processing and allocating cases which have come to the branch.
• You may have engineering experience or be a skilled craftsperson, but this is not essential.
• Using our online referral portal to manage and update case notes.
• Attending a monthly meeting of the local branch.
What you need for this role:
• Warm, approachable and confident to call referrers/clients to initiate discussions.
• Able to listen well, to understand someone’s needs.
• Good I.T. skills.
• Able to follow Remap policies and procedures.
• Able to understand and apply our risk management system.
• Able to apply disability, equality, and inclusion practices.
• Able to keep people’s personal details safe.
• Access to a computer.
• Able to drive or have good transport links.
• Committed to our values.
• Enjoy working as part of a team.
• Willing to develop skills and experience.
To volunteer in this role, you will need to:
• Complete your induction checklist
• Complete online and virtual training- as directed by central staff
• Undertake a DBS check
Additional information about our Volunteering programme:
When you volunteer with us, you join a community of committed people with a passion for helping to improve the lives of others.
Out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed.