We have over 65 local branches, across the UK which help people with a disability live more independently. Our skilled volunteers respond to thousands of requests each year to design and make customised equipment free of charge.
As our local branch Finance/Treasurer volunteer, you’ll make sure your branch gets the most for its money. You’ll maintain income and expenditure records to document and report on branch finances. You’ll manage their accounts and make financial information easy to understand.
WHAT THE ROLE INVOLVES:
This role may vary depending on local needs but is likely to include:
• Accurately maintaining income and expenditure records to document and report on branch finances.
• Offering objectivity around the spending of money and ensuring money is spent in a cost-effective manner.
• Approving income and expenditure with the other branch bank account signatories.
• Ensuring that our financial requirements and policies relating to group finances are followed.
• Supporting the branch’s shared responsibility for designing and delivering to clients in line with our principles of quality service so that they are safe.
We can support you in developing the skills you need for this role, including induction
into all the areas outlined. You will have a chance to discuss your role and any additional needs with us.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS ROLE:
• Confident using Microsoft Office, the internet and email.
• Experience in bookkeeping, budgeting, and planning income and expenditure.
• Able to apply disability, equality, and inclusion practices.
• Able to keep people’s personal data safe.
• Committed to our values.
• Able to explain financial information to other group members in ways that are easily understood.
• Stay up to date with external and internal policies and procedures.
• Willing to develop skills and experience.
Copyright 2023. All Rights Reserved